1. Composing music
Compose a song for the text using alternative styles.
- Write a word vertically.
- Each letter has to be the start of a word that describes the text.
- Write the text using numbers, letters and other symbols.
- Give the deciphering key to the students.
- The students have to decipher it.
- Write the text on a poster.
- Substitute the nouns and adjectives with squares whenever it’s possible.
Make a crossword with words used in the text.
6. Alphabet soup
- The students have to look for words related to the lesson.
- In the end, the loose words form the verse.
7. Relay race
- Divide the class into two teams.
- Ask each group to form a line on the opposite side of the blackboard.
- Divide the blackboard in two with a vertical line in the middle.
- When you give the signal, a student in each line has to run to the blackboard and write the first word of the verse.
- Then, he has to return to his line, touch the shoulder of the next student and go to the back of the line.
- Repeat this until the entire verse has been written on the blackboard.
- The group finishing first wins.
8. Broken telephone
- Ask the students to sit down forming a semicircle.
- Whisper the verse in one of the students’ ears and ask him to whisper it to the next student.
- Compare what the first student heard with what the last one said.
- Repeat the verse correctly with everyone.